- Release Date 2010-09-07
- Label Russian Techno
- Catalog RTSW4
1) Neonicle is a new name on RT, and his debut tunes you to the dark frequencies of the whole compilation. This artist from St. Peterburg drops electro in best traditions of the well known Dutch scene - emotional, mysterious and grim but full of inner energy. Have you ever seen ghosts? Hey! what was that?!
2) Tantcui Tantcui (which means dance dance in Russian) is a side project of a well known 8-bit artist 777minus111 from Moscow. A minimal deviation, as he says. Where have you been? - Nowhere. What have you been doing? - Nothing. Wicked short track, with a strange melody in it. Should be served as a set opener on a heavy drugged minimal party. Hey, was that a sound of a knife? Did you hear that?!
3) Rabitza takes us into yet another subliminal journey. This piece of art was recorded during one of their live performances and carefully mastered so you can taste the beauty of the moment. A mixture of something between electro and trance with warm melodies and acid mind programming makes you float on the wings of sound. Don't meditate too much, make sure you return soon!
4) Next is an elegant track from Mass Fatality, a project from a grandfather of russian techno scene - DJ Slon from St. Petersburg. Pulsating 808 beats fused with a simple but touching melody keeps you in the mood all the way through. It feels like you're put in a small cozy space filled with a mixture of different images and feelings. Love, anger, tenderness. choose one!
5) Acid Mikhalych, a desperate hardware freak from Moscow gives his debut appearance on the scene. Having a wide collection of retro synths and beatboxes (The legendary Roland 303, 606, 707, 909, etc) and being strongly addicted to acid, he records tracks on the fly and performs live too. Load in progress is a dark and scary track that programmes your mind for a trip through your subconscious fears. Get ready for the dark adventure! The wind of doom blows in your direction!!!
6) Vadz was on his way to work on a snowy and queerly silent morning on the outskirts of Taganrog, and suddenly, something began to play inside his mind. That's how this track was born. You can hear the flakes of snow scattering from above, you can smell the freshness and see the silent beauty of winter. Everything fades away, leaving just fancy mosaic images which remain to the very end.